Top 5: Most Expensive Cars in the World
It’s hard to imagine that anyone will actually spend well over a million dollars on an automobile to have it sit in a garage most of the time. Majority of all the super cars sold and bought rarely exceeds 5,000 miles of driving. However, if you are blessed with the opportunity and means to get one, why not get one of these. Here is a list of the world’s most expensive cars available in the market.
1. BUGATTI VEYRON - $1,700,000: The Bugatti Veyron is a mid-engine supercar produced by Volkswagen Group subsidiary Bugatti Automobiles SAS. This supercar is equipped with a Quad-turbocharged DOHC 64-valve W16 that has 1001-horsepower and can go from 0-100 and back to zero in just 9.6 seconds, making it the fastest accelerating and decelerating production car in the world. The Bugatti was said to reach a stable top speed of 253.81 mph. The Bugatti Veyron consumes more fuel than any other production car. It boasts a 26 gallon tank but will only get you 5.82 mpg.
2. FERRARI ENZO – $1,500,000: This exotic, named after the company’s founder, Enzo Ferrari is a supercar with advance Formula 1 technology such as carbon-fiber body and Sequential shift transmission. Only 349 Enzos were ever built and 70 of them were sold to US dealers for $670,000. However, if you have more money than you know what to do with you can buy one through the DuPont Registry for a cool $1.5 million.
3. PAGANI ZONDA ROADSTER F – $781,000: The Pagani Zonda Roadster F is a mid-engined supercar powered by a 641hp 7.3L V12 engine produced in Italy by Pagani. It can deliver a top speed of 225 mph + and can go from 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. This is one of the rarest supercar found in the world as only 25 are hand built.
4. SSC ULTIMATE AERO – $654,400: This is a one of a kind supercar that is American-built by Shelby SuperCars. Although the Aero is half the price of the Bugatti Veyron, it currently holds the title of the world’s fastest production car with a motor produces 1183hp. The recorded top speed that was verified by Guinness World Records was 257 mph. Even if you have the money to get one, the chance of you getting one is very slim due to the fact that only 25 of these will ever be built.
5. LeBLANC MIRABEAU – $645,084: This beautiful European creation is equipped with a supercharged 4.7L V8 created by Koenigsegg that can deliver speeds over 250 mph. Although the Mirabeau looks more like a Formula 1 racecar, with $645.000 you can buy this piece of art and legally drive it down the street to show off to your friends. Interestingly, if you are in the market for one you have the options to have a Formula 1 engine install.