I just bought an iPod nano 2 months ago. Comes with the basic features as the older GEN iPod nano. Today I just found out that Apple is coming out with a new iPod nano with a bunch of new goodies. Did I already tell you that I bought a nano just 2 months ago? Check out the new features.
1. Video Record
- Records video in portrait or landscape
- You can email or post it on Facebook or MobileMe
- Has a built-in mic that lets you capture audio
- Special effects – 15 different video effects that you can add to your video
- You can sync it to your Mac or Computer for uploads to Youtube, Myspace, Etc.
2. Genius Mix
- You can create your own mixes with the songs you have or have Genius explore and find songs that will go great together
- You can save it on your Genius playlist and listen to it over and over
3. FM tuner
- Now you can listen to your favorite FM stations
- It will display the artist and song you are listening to
- You can pause,rewind 15 minutes back, then fast foward to catch up to the live broadcast
- You can tag the song you hear on the FM station and the nano will create a list of songs you tagged so you can purchase them on iTunes
- Now you can track your workouts with this new feature
- Running/walking – You will need a Nike + shoe to sync it up with your new nano. You can track your steps, set your goals, you can even set you music with your steps, and lots more
- You can also keep track of your workout on a compatible cardio machine
- You will also need the iPod Sport Kit for this
These are the new main features of the new iPod nano. Oh I forgot to add another important update…. it also comes with a bigger screen. Ok ummmm, this really sucks! My iPod nano is the 2nd Apple product I bought. My first product was the iTouch (well I actually didn’t buy this, it was a birthday gift) but I ended up losing it at a convention a month later. I held off buying any iPod products because of their business practice in regards on how they release new products. It seems that Apple would come out with a new product every month. Either they come out with a little more memory and not a lot because they want to save it for the next version, smaller design, new features, or new product lines. I just didn’t want to feel buyers remorse buying an Apple product and see it being replaced with something better a month later.
There were other mp3 brands that delivered the same features or more, at cheaper prices. I ended up just using my phone as a mp3 player to listen to music. But 2 months ago I’ve decided it would be easier to carry something around that’s small when I go workout. Plus my car has an iPod adapter and I didn’t even have an iPod. So I decided it’s time to give an iPod a chance. The small size was perfect, I didn’t want a shuffle because I wanted a screen to navigate and also to watch movies on my trips.
So I picked up a 16GB nano for $179.99 (+tax) and I was a happy camper with my purchase. Until today, after finding out that they came out with a new iPod with all the new features that I pointed out above, I was pretty upset. Features that I always wished the iPod nano came with years back but didn’t. The worst part is that it’s the same price that I spent on my “older” nano. I’ve just got reminded why I don’t buy Apple products. I’m actually surprised they came out with so many features for the new nano and not just come out with one feature at a time so they can save it for the next nano. Seems that’s what apple likes to do with their products. Ok I’m just being a big baby…. but I want the new nano damnit! Now! Well if anything I can just wait a month or two and another newer even better version of the nano will probably be out by then.