Did your phone break and you need a backup phone right now? Great news, most prepaid phones allows you to insert your sim card and use as a regular phone without purchasing prepaid minutes. You will be able to use a cell phone right away while you get your phone repaired or search for a new phone. Walmart has a wide selection of prepaid phones and each phones are manufactured from cell phone carriers -Verizon, T-mobile, At&t, etc. I’ve been having bad experiences with all my Motorola flip phones (Razr & W490). I need a phone right away but at the same time, I want to take my time to read reviews before purchasing a new phone. I went to Super Walmart (opens 24 hours) late at night. Since my carrier is T-Mobile, I purchased the T-Mobile Nokia 1661 Prepaid Phone for only $20!
Now let’s see if this phone is any good.
• Light weight, thin, small (width: 1.7″, length: 4″, height: 0.7″)
• Includes battery, charger, speakerphone, handsfree headset, and the tip of the phone has a flashlight! (Tip: On the middle button, press the top button twice to turn on flashlight. Press top button once to turn it off).
• Text messaging (up to 250 entries)
• 8 MB Internal Memory (can store up to 500 contacts)
• Extra features: Games, clock/alarm clock & speaker clock, notepad reminder, calendar, calculator, converter (temperature, weight, length, etc), spreadsheet, timer/stop watch.
• Can set ringtone as normal, silent, discreet, loud, light only, or switch off.
• Signal and battery indicator
• Lock and unlock phone
• The volume is not as loud (especially using the headset) but the other end can hear great!
• No bluetooth & camera
• Some names are not being displayed when a text message is received even though the numbers are saved in contacts. But I found a solution by restoring the name to contact! Follow these steps: 1). Delete the sender’s number in your contact 2). Go to your text message, open the message 3). select Options 4). select Use Number 5). select Options 6). select Save (this will save the sender’s information in your contact and that name should appear your text message from now on)
Overall, I thought the material would be really cheap but I’m surprised it’s not bad at all! I dropped this phone once and it still works. If you need a phone right away, at this very minute, go to Walmart and purchase one of these phones. Simply insert your sim card on back of of the phone. You’ll be surprise how reliable this phone is for the price of $20.